I was just on Facebook reading a note my friend Victoria posted. I met Victoria a few years ago in dance class. As I got to know her, I found out more about her life and how she thinks.
The post consisted of 15 or so quotes. When I first started to read the post, I thought that these quotes were something she has said or something a friend had said that relate to her life. I would have never guessed that these quotes were from another person. I thought, "Wow. How can so many of this guy's quotes can relate to one person's life so much?" Stephen Chobosky is an American novelist, screenwriter, and film director.
After the quotes, she posted a picture to represent the first few quotes. Each picture had a quote on it and the quote matched the picture perfectly. They told a story about each photo.
Then I tried to relate the quotes to my life (as an artist) only to find that most of the quotes relate to my life too.
How can an novelist/screenwriter/film director's words relate to people who obviously did not based any of the quotes on them? Is that part of being an artist? Being able to relate to people who you do not know at all?
Velly interesting what you are writing here... perhaps you should post up his quotes or bring them in for all of STAC to ponder...?
ReplyDelete