Sunday, June 6, 2010

Last Show and Lessons

Last Ballet Show. Last ATDW show. It's bittersweet. As much as I disliked certain people I wanted to give them a hug and say goodbye.
After shows, after socializing with friends and teachers, I go back home and get a slap in the face by reality. It's not that fun. You go into a place that was so different from where you were and you wish you could go back by only 5-10 minutes. But life goes on.

Today I was reminded on a very important lesson: sadness will not get you anywhere but happiness will. Sadness won't do anything for you (except make you feel more sad) but happiness will. Of course it's fine to cry and be upset and have emotions, but when you are deliberately making yourself feel more upset then you are wasting your time. Doing that will only affect the people around you and possibly make them feel yucky, too.

It takes more muscle to frown than smiles. Be lazy and put a smile on! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment