Every time Luke mentions "artist statement" I draw a blank. I don't know what my artist statement is. And to be honest, the term still confuses me. A few people explained what an artist statement is to me, but it just makes me more confused. I assume that every artist has an artist statement. I just wish that I knew what mine was. Or maybe it's right in front of my face and I am making it hard for myself to realize what it is.
I love this post. You are really thinking about stuff this year - it's great. We'll figure it out.
ReplyDeleteHere's an artists statement. It's way too long.
That is another thing I don't understand about them. Why are they so long??
ReplyDeleteMine is long because I'm a self-centered jerk and I wrote too much. Here are a bunch: go to the link, down the left side are more links to artists pages, and generally there is a bio/statement there to read. I will poke around for a short one for you to see. They don't have to be long. Mine is so long that when I saw it (and my bio) printed for a show on Friday I was embarrassed and now I need to do the whole thing over again.... Click Here, Michelle.
ReplyDelete