Sunday, September 20, 2009

Twyla Tharp

Sunday morning, I was eating my french toast while looking through the New York Times when I can upon the Arts section. While I was flipping through the pages, reading the headlines and looking at the pictures I saw an article about Twyla Tharp. (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/arts/dance/20kour.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=tharp&st=cse) The article is about Twyla's new show! Just like "Novin' Out" and "The Times They are A-Changin," Tharp's choreography is set to Frank Sonatra songs (the show is called "Come Fly with me."

I thought it was so funny how this show was started. A few dancers went to Twyla's apartment and said "We want to dance." That's all they said. At first Twyla didn't give in to the dancer's request. But finally she gave in to doing technique. Well, one thing lead to another and now she has a new show! They cast is rehearsal in Atlanta, Georgia right now but soon it will tour the north America. Hopefully it will come to new york!

After I read this article I thought about what the contents of Dina's magazine should be. The article in the magazine should tell the reader something they never knew of before. If I never decided to skim the newspaper, I would have never found out about Twyla Tharp's new show.

No comments:

Post a Comment