I had so much fun on Friday in the community center. I liked being blind folded running across the stage more than guiding people because you don't know what is coming next. Someone could come up to you any second to guide you to the other side of the stage. When I was blind folded I was a little hesitant running fast because I didn't want to run into anyone. But I realized that there was no way for me to tell if I was going to run into someone. I had to allow myself to trust the other STACies.
I was the first one who was blind folded for the comm center tour. This was the second time doing this so I knew anything could happen (like walking into people at any second). However, at the same time, I still didn't know what was going to happen on the tour. When Luke said "pair with someone who your are uncomfortable with" I knew who to pair up with. I wanted to put my trust in Nick because I wanted to put my trust in someone who I don't normally trust. I also wanted to allow myself to trust someone I don't know well. When you are blind folded, you have no choice but to trust the person who is guiding you because you can't control what you do in your surroundings.
Even though I enjoyed being blindfolded during the tour, I had more fun guiding Nick around. I had fun making him confused: I walked him around in circles, took him outside and in a girls bathroom, and made him hive-five other STACies. Unlike the tour I was taken on, I didn't make Nick touch a lot of things. Instead, I took him to different places in the community center because I did not see a lot of weird textured things for him to feel.
And as for payback for him making me dip my hand in dirty water, I sat him down on the stage at the end of the tour, facing the curtain with his blindfold still on while everyone else was talking to each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment