Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Personal Statement

I'm freaking out. I have to write a personal statement for a college that I'm applying to. I still don't know what my artist statement is!
Directions: On a separate sheet please type your statement, detailing your special talents and accomplishments during your high school years.

Seems easy, right? maybe I am just over thinking it because it's for applying to college. But it's for a college I don't care if i get in or not. Honestly, I would rather get rejected from the college so that I don't have the option of going there if all else fails.

Now that I am reading the directions again, it's seems really snobby and show-off-y. my special talents? I can have the same special talents as other people.

3 comments:

  1. Sure, you can have the same talents as other people - there is a limited set of talents if you think about it.

    The statement is more a test, a trick to see how your personality reveals itself when you are forced to write about yourself ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeahh. i dont want to write about myself. it seems so conceited

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember everyone else has to complete the application. Let your personality shine through your answers and you will benefit from being yourself.

    ReplyDelete