Monday, November 16, 2009

Stress? No thanks.

Its 11:34 at night. Sparknotes is calling my name. But I love the book I have to read for Women Warriors. I want to go to sleep. What do I do?
I have been a procrastinator for as long as I could remember. my mom says I have been procrastinating since elementary school. I completely believe her.
What makes us procrastinate? What in our minds makes us say "I'll just do it tomorrow, I'll just get it done another time."
Professionals (in art or anything else) dedicate themselves to a certain thing. Have they ever procrastinated to get to where they are today?
I don't get stressed. Krinsky says everyone is stressed all of the time (even if it is the littlest bit). I think that is bull. I get frustrated, angry, and pissed off, but never stressed. I am not stressed now that I have not finished my homework. I am not stressed out that I need to hand in a college envelope to my guidance counselor. Even if I was an inch away from a wall of death, I still wouldn't be stressed.
I consider this a gift. I see stressed out people everyday and it scares me. It makes me feel uncomfortable. The worst is when someone doesn't know how to handle their stress. I don't like being around people who don't know how to handle stress. Because in the end they take it our on other people and who wold want to be a target? I certainly don't.

1 comment: