The next couple of weeks are going to go by super fast. Each weekend until the end of march I have something going on. Hopefully during this time the weather will start warming up! I love the snow but I'm over it, I need something new.
Over break I was thinking about my summer plans. For me it is not weird to start planning my summer vacations months in advance. I've been doing it since I've been going to day camp because you need to pay for it early in advance you save you a spot. This summer will be my first time having a real job where I get paid and have specific hours to work on a schedule. This summer will be different than all the rest because I will be planning for a big event in late August/September: moving into college. I know it will be really exciting to buy new clothes and bedding and all of those things. It's shopping, what's not to love? =)
For a few years now I made my own rule that I need to go away from home (be away from my family) for some period of time in the summer. I need that personal freedom. I need a break from home. Different opportunities came up to go away with friends for a week or so in the summer, one in particular I accidentally invited myself. I am not using these invitations as an excuse to get away from my parents. I use it like how a person should: to go on vacation and have fun! I want to spend a good amount of my summer with friends because I won't be seeing them until December. This is not to say that I don't want to spend time with my family. We have our summer traditions: cupsogue beach, seeing cousins, walking around the hamptons... I have this feeling that I will get closer to my parents this summer. I'm a little but excited for that.
I hope this summer will be amazing and just like past summer I will do everything in my power to make everyday fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment