Saturday, January 15, 2011

Caring, caring, caring...

I've realized today how easy going I am. And I'm pretty sure that I've crossed the line to carelessness. I noticed how often I say "I don't care." Saying that has become second nature for me. In a previous post I mentioned that I didn't care when I lost "important" items that I use everyday. This got me thinking.. what do I care about?

I made a list (in no particular order):
1)My friends
2)My family
3)Me (my body/health, success, failures (not including losing things), goals, dreams, future)

After I created this listed, I learned that I care about my family and friend's health, success, failures, goals, dreams, and future plans. I believe that makes me a caring person. But if I am so caring why am I so careless? It's because the little things in life don't bother me. It doesn't make a difference what I do with friends. It doesn't make a difference what song I listen to. It even doesn't make a difference if I lose a set of keys, or a cell phone, or a meal card, or a wallet. Those little, unvaluable things are nothing compared to the big, meaningful ideas that make life so exciting and grand. Because if you didn't have anything like goals and dreams, what is the point?

People get so caught up in they daily routines that they care about those mundane tasks. So I'm asking you, reader, what do you really care about? Does it compare to the things you do or use everyday like a set of keys or a cell phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment