Sunday, January 23, 2011

To my friends,

Today is finally January 23, the day I move back to school for my second semester. I can't believe a month has actually gone by.

I spent break hanging out and catching up with friends from high school. Even though we've all spent a few months apart, doing our own thing and meeting new people, it was like nothing changed when we hung out. Except that we all have fun stories to exchange. :)

At first it was wierd being home for more than a week. It took some days getting used to waking up in a quiet house without having friends live next-door or a few floors above you. Overall, I enjoyed my time at home. It was good to spend time with friends and family. And as I procrastinate, not packing up my things, I kind of wish to stay a home a little longer. After waking up, I layed in my bed for a while just hoping that time would go by slow.

As I look at my STAC pollock and other high school things in my room, I am reminded of so many memories from STAC and from high school in general... The good memories and the not-so-good memories that are now funny ones. Without my high school friends, I wouldn't be the person I am today. So to all my friends from school and dance and home in general, thank you. I think I turned out alright :)

Even though Herricks has a place in my heart, it's time to start fresh. I can't bring Herricks to college, I can't bring my high school friends to college, I can't bring anyone or anything to college besides myself. For me, I need to learn how to start on a totally clean slate and to fill it up with things that are happening in the present and ideas that I have for the present and the future. I can't have my memories be the basis for what I do now.

Part of going to college is becoming more mature. For me, that means to handle bigger responsibilities, to manage my time well, and to fight for what I really want to do. If I learned anything from being at Pace so far it's to never take "no" for an answer. If I want to do something with my life, I will make it happen. But.. that's easier said than done. There are so many things I want to accomplish this semester! I just don't know where to begin or how to figure out the process of completing my goals. I guess that alone helps you become more of an adult.

2 comments:

  1. What I find really interesting is how differrent people view coming home from college and interacting with old friends from home. Everyone deals with these sort of changes differently and interprets what has gone on in a different way. I guess thats sort of normal because we all bring different expectations and desires to each situation and sometimes they wont always match up with other people's thoughts about the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meesh,

    I think you're a beautiful person inside and out and you are so mature beyond your years. As someone who met you in college and has only known you for a short period of time, I can see that you are going to develop into an even more amazing and talented person. I truly hope that you get everything you want in life, you are definitely one who deserves it. And don't worry if it takes some time to figure things out along the way, that's what we're here for haha. And I think you're doing a pretty great job of it so far. I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately to try and figure out different things in my life and what I want to be, do, live like, etc. I've thought about blogging for a while. To be honest I'm just not sure if I have the drive to do it haha but you have honestly inspired me to try it, at least partially. I'm starting out with a 365 and I'm gonna see where it leads me. Maybe it will give me a cool perspective on things and help me realize some things about my life and how I live it. So, thanks meeshy for being a huge part of my inspiration! Surprise I've been reading your blogs ;)

    Haha love you much sister <3

    ReplyDelete