100 blog posts!! =]
Today was a very good day: I got a job and definite prom date!
Today in chamber we listened to three years of recordings of chamber. I was reminded why I wanted to be in chamber so badly. I was also reminded why Herricks has a reputation for a great music department. Chamber choir helped create this reputation. We are so different from other high school chamber choirs because of the songs we sing. We singing a lot of world music unlike other choirs which stick to a more classical track (Brahms, Mozart, etc..)
If the budget doesn't pass, who knows what will happen to chamber and the music department. It could all be gone by next school year. Even though I wont be here next year it worries me to know that Herricks might be completely different next year. The last thing I want is for Herricks to lose its music program. I feel like in some cases we set the rank for surrounding school districts. Not just musically but academically. Herricks spends the least out of the surrounding school districts but we still excel higher in many areas. Who knows what will happen next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment